Thursday, August 12, 2010

Muffin Challenge Experiments

Apparently I've taken on this challenge where I try and make everything into a muffin. It's fairly quick and easy and they are portable...easy to take wherever you go to snack on. I love baked things, especially breads like banana, zucchini, carrot, etc. So I just bake them in muffin tins (usually with cupcake liners). So far, I've tired the usual zucchini and banana varieties (with my own little twists, of course)...but also various types of beans, various types of squashes, kefir I make, and anything I stumble upon in the street...
And then there's the additional occasional challenge of taking things OUT of the muffins...flour, sugar, and dairy.
I've only had one batch that was over baked and burned because I got lazy with the timing. Aside from that, it's been pretty interesting and relatively yummy. Relatively...

1 comment:

Megan said...

Ha...I've been in that muffin phase before. I once turned a favorite egg recipe (eggs, cheddar, carmelized onions and bell peppers, red potatoes) into muffins. It was actually quite good. Almost closer to pop-overs than muffins.