Thursday, January 3, 2008

HERE WE GO....It's never too late.

Okay...so I received a request for training tips! Okay...so...HERE WE GO!!!!
Let's see how this new identity works out for our little blog...
Be sure to let me know here or shoot me an e-mail. Questions, comments...e-mail me.

I just saw a thread on a forum asking if people were 37 and if they had thought of quitting BJJ.

Guess what? I turned 40 a few weeks ago. I started BJJ when I was 33. So, it would seem that it is never too late. This last year was a busy competition year for me. The high points being making it to the finals of ADCC and representing the USA at the FILA World Championships in Turkey. Again...two more reasons that it seems to me that it is NEVER too late. You want to do something in your life...what's stopping you?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said teach. People need to stop using age as an excuse. As you know I started in your class at 38 years old last year, I'll be 40 this May. If you mentally accept defeat, then you have truly lost before ever trying. ;]

Anonymous said...

I started at 51. I am older than the parents of the people I wrestle. Bt I still love it! My goal is to still be rolling when I am 60!
Ed

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm 36 and I feel better than I did when I was 26. Training is keeping me young.

Anonymous said...

I started last year at age 39. I don't think age itself is as much a factor as accumulated injuries over time.

Anonymous said...

man i can't tell you how much some little short post like this can inspire people. i started when i was 33 i'm now 35 and going to play in mundials blue belt adult division. but reading this post give me the hope that maybe with a little hard work i can make what i love to do a job.