Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Eat meat again???

I haven't eaten meat* for 27 years. That's 2/3 of my life. Recently I've decided to eat meat again. It's now been about a week that I've been actively putting meat back into my diet and trying things I haven't had for a long time or ever had the opportunity to try.
I discovered that pepperoni pizza is yummy.
Sausage on pizza is okay, but vegetarian sausage is better.
Chicken only tastes as good as the sauce or seasoning that's put on it (how is this any different than tofu?...oh yah, tofu doesn't have the nasty smell of chicken that needs to be hidden).
But shredded chicken in a Wana Iguana enchilada could be passed off as crab meat, tastes good and makes me feel like I'm eating an expensive meal.
Beef jerky tastes good. Or maybe it's the sodium that's good.
Meat is hard and takes a lot of effort to chew. My jaw has been sore and I think it's the additional chewing demands of the meat that is causing it. Sure vegetables take time to chew, but they are softer.
I'll let you know how it goes...

*I ate fish, eggs and dairy but no red meat, chicken, etc.

No comments: